AlcoholEdu for Sanctions is an online program to help students evaluate their current choices related to alcohol. It is a science-based course designed to teach students about the effects of alcohol on the body and mind, and assist students in making safer and healthier decisions.
If you have been asked to complete this course by the Office of Student Integrity or Department of Housing, please read the following instructions carefully.
- Always sign in at Georgia Tech's AlcoholEdu for Sanctions portal using your Georgia Tech email address to sign in (e.g., email@example.com).
- Complete Part 1of AlcoholEdu for Sanctions by the deadline with a passing score of 75%.
- After 30-45 days you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu for Sanctions, which must be completed by the deadline assigned.
- After completion, send the completion report to your Student Conduct Administrator/Hearing Officer. On the dashboard select the grey "Course Progress" button. You can either save the completion report as a PDF and email the report to your Student Conduct Administrator/Hearing Officer, or print and bring the report to the Office of Student Integrity. You can review your progress report by going to the portfolio tab in the course. You do not need to provide the feedback report.
Other important information:
- You will need internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical difficulties, please use any major web browser, (e.g. Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) released in the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students' attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the Institute will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students' answers.
- Should you experience any problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the "Help" link within the course or by visiting EVERFI support webpage.